- Starts: 15/12/2019 12:00 am
- Ends: 15/12/2019 12:00 am
The town of St. Vith suffered heavily in the Battle of the Bulge. Being in the front lines of the offensive from 16 December 1944 till 23 January 1945 it was subjected to endless shelling and aerial bombing, causing almost total destruction. The 106th had its division headquarters in the town and its units took part in the valiant defense of the town. In 1960 a monument was created by the Division Association in the Klosterstrasse, near where the old headquarters building once stood.
Time – This ceremony will follow an earlier event in the nearby village of Schönberg. Arrival of the attendees is expected around 1100 hours, with the ceremony starting soon after.
Parking – The lot of the Bischöfliche Schule/Technisches Institut St. Vith (located directly behind the monument) will be made available for the event. The Klosterstrasse will be temporarily closed during the ceremony, with traffic diverted through An der Höhe street.